Denver Family Lawyer

Denver Contempt of Court Lawyer

When family law orders are not followed out of court, the court may hold the defiant party or parties in contempt of court.

The most common family court order violations have to do with finances such as spousal support payments or child support payments. Whether you are having trouble with an ex-spouse or the parent of your child violating a court order or you yourself have been declared in contempt of court, the Denver Family Lawyer can help your case.

Depending on the details of your case, the party in violation of the court order may be arrested or notified of when to come to court for the enforcement hearing. The judge will then make a ruling about how to go about enforcing the court order.

Consult Our Denver Divorce Attorney

Clients should note that the failure to pay child support on time could result in the loss of driving privileges, jail time, and a number of other consequences. However if you are not receiving your child support, you should not take matters into your own hands and terminate a visitation schedule with your child.

The failure to pay child support or spousal support does not eliminate the right to parenting time. Neither the court nor the other parent of your child has the right to deny you time with your child. If you feel this is happening to you, contact our office immediately.

If you have questions or need assistance in enforcing the rulings of your divorce or custody order or need representation to be put back in good standing with the court, contact the law office of the Denver Family Lawyer to discuss your case today.