Denver Family Lawyer

Enforcement of Court Orders

When a court issues a legal order, it is illegal to violate the terms of the order. Unfortunately, many people that receive family court orders ignore this fact, and it can get them into serious trouble with the law.

If you are having trouble with an ex-spouse or the parent of your child violating a court order, the Denver Family Lawyer can help your case.

The most common family court order violations have to do with finances such as spousal support payments or child support payments.

The Denver Family Lawyer can file a motion with the family courts to hold the violating party in contempt of court. Depending on the situation, the party in violation may be arrested or told when to come to court for the enforcement hearing. The judge will then make a ruling about how to go about enforcing the court order.

Our Denver Family Attorney Can Assist You

Clients should note that the failure to pay child support on time could result in the loss of driving privileges, jail time, and a number of other consequences. However if you are not receiving your child support, you should not take matters into your own hands and terminate a visitation schedule with your child.

The failure to pay child support or spousal support does not eliminate the right to parenting time. Neither the court nor the other parent of your child has the right to deny you time with your child. If you feel this is happening to you, contact our office immediately.

Our legal team can also help you receive any court ordered property or assistance with orders to pay debts as a part of a divorce settlement agreement.

If you have questions or need assistance in enforcing the rulings of your divorce or custody order, contact the law office of the Denver Family Lawyer to discuss your case today.